Sunday 6 March 2011

I knew there had to be a positive, practical reason for hot flushes in the middle of the night.....it’s the ideal time to write! I’ve been woken up at least twice tonight feeling hot, throwing the duvet off and then lying awake as my brain starts to kick in and all sorts of random thoughts start marching through my mind.

Must get the car washed – it’s beginning to look grey instead of metallic green.
Mustn’t forget I need to get into work early Monday morning
Hope the weather forecast is right for today as I really want to go for a walk in the park
And what is it with these flippin’ hot flushes!!!

My daughter told me to keep a pen and paper the side of the bed so if I woke up in the night I could write my thoughts down and then I’d be able to get back to sleep. So this is my version of the pen and paper technique for a good night’s sleep.

I had made a new years resolution to post at least two entries a month on my blog but like most people only managed that in January. February whizzed by and before I knew it March was laughing at me going ‘what, only one post in February – useless!’ So, have to make up for it this month. Mind you, between the hot flushes and my cranky left knee keeping me awake I’ll have plenty of spare time!

It’s now 04.45 and it amazes me how quiet it is in the early hours. Admittedly I live in a market town so not exactly a thriving metropolis but I do live in an apartment building (it’s an old converted shoe factory so I like to say I live in an apartment – so much more interesting than ‘flat’ don’t you think?). I’m on the top floor and it’s on one of the main roads through the town but even so I can’t hear anything. Even the birds have got more sense than to be awake this time of the morning! It’s a different story in the summer. By now they’d be twittering away and the sun would soon be streaming through the big Georgian window in my bedroom which still hasn’t got any curtains to it. I love the natural light so now I don’t have any curtains up anywhere in the whole place. So come the summer there’ll be something else waking me up in the early hours......probably won’t be worth even going to bed at this rate.

Anyway, I’d better see if this exercise has worked and try and get a few more hours sleep. I’m playing in the worship group in the morning and rarely manage to get to rehearsal on time even after a good night’s sleep. The combination of a late night due to watching the James Bond film (it was Piers Brosnan so you can’t blame me...), being awake half the night and the fact I must wash my hair in the morning does not bode well..............

So night, night for now and I really hope no-one gets to read this until a sensible time of day. Otherwise it means you too have been denied a satisfactory visit to the land of nod!
God bless and sweet dreams.
Luv Jules x

No comments: