Friday 25 May 2012

Feeling like Indiana Jones and that 'leap of faith'!

Morning everyone on this beautiful warm sunny day - that's five in a row!

I'd better be careful what I say - this could be it - the summer of 2012 and next week we could all be back to jumpers, brollies and wellies!  Hopefully that won't be the case and my plans to dig out flip flops, summer dresses and giving myself a pedicure over the weekend will be worth it.
(I love the sun but it does mean having to face reality and realising there are certain bits of our bodies which the general public should never be exposed to until they've been properly scrutinised and had a sympathetic makeover.....know what I mean??)

Talking of exposure I was in a Bistro having lunch with a couple of girlfriends the other day and a young couple came in and sat at the table just across from us.  He was sat with his back to me, dressed in jeans and a tea-shirt which was fine.  Unfortunately he was wearing a popular style of straight leg jeans which although sat nicely on his hips when he was standing slipped considerably lower than that when he was sat down.  Which wouldn't have been so bad except the tea shirt probably sat nicely on his waist when he was standing but again rode up when sitting. 
You're probably already way ahead of me  - 'builders bum' I can just about cope with on a building site.  But in a restaurant, when I'm eating my lunch......oh dear. 
Poor man, he obviously didn't realise but fortunately his companion made a trip to the ladies and on her return had a discreet word in his ear and he valiantly attempted to get jeans and tea shirt to meet whilst still being able to sit down.  He didn't fully succeed but let's just say it was a big improvement and I no longer found my eyes drawn to this vision of the 'grand canyon' whilst tryng to enjoy my lunch.  

As I say, I love the sunshine and want to make the most of it as I'm sure we all do but when I remembered the 'grand canyon' incident I knew this was just the start.  The sun coming out does have this bizarre effect of causing people to expose varous parts of their anatomy in rather inappropriate settings.  I'm sure I'm just as bad  - and my grandsons and son-in-law no doubt will let me know when I make a fashion fo pa - bless them.

Now I was supposed to have uploaded my first 'verbal blog' by now but have hit some technical probems.  Mainly, I have no idea what I'm doing and need someone with far better technical knowledge tham me to help me!  I was getting so frustrated wth not having the time to write very often and I know I've got a few regular readers now so I hit upon this idea to record some short soundbites.  I've started recording short notes on my mobile phone to remind me about certain things, subjects I wano t write about, maybe an idea I feel God is giving me to give a talk on - that sort of thing.  The only problem is I've only discovered how to record on my camcorder! (Yes, I can hear the laughter now - I'm sure there's a better way of doing it I just haven't found it yet!)

So I made a recording (on the camcorder) about 3 weeks ago.  I've even managed to finally get it uploaded on to my PC.  So - I should be able to 'attach' it to this blog - yes?  No! - at least I can't which is as I say probably the main obstacle to getting it sorted out.  The fact it's me trying to do it.
I think it's time I finally conceded defeat and sought help.  Anyone between the ages of 12 and 16 should be a good bet .........................................



Anyway, as I was wide awake 5am this morning I decided to use the time constructively rather than unsuccessfully try and get any more sleep.  I did get a bit sidetracked with research on the net and it's now 7.30 and you've guessd it - this isn't publised yet.  So a few quick things.

Following on from my recent tweets and last blog entry I continued to pray and seek what God was really saying to me in this time of uncertainty at work. 
Do I apply for jobs in the new structure I know i don't really want just so I can continue in employment and pay the bills?  Do I carry on looking for a job elsewhere which is proving very difficult in the current economical environment?  Lord - what do you want me to do? - lot's of prayer, lot's of questions and believe me some agonising as well.

I finally came to a decision last week felt very peaceful but did ask God to give me some clear signs I was on the right track (confirmation). 
Well he did. 
Through my daily readings, comments people made to me who knew nothing of my circumstances and through words of wisdom from others who have taken similar steps of faith in their journey with Jesus. 

So..........

I'm truly stepping out in faith totally, for the first time when faced with a major decision about work.

I have resigned from my job.
(hence the title - Indie taking the step of faith before the bridge over the chasm was revealed........!)

The only things I am absolutley certain of at this moment are:
1 - I am not meant to spend any more time 'tied' to an office 5 days a week
2 - Jesus has a future ready and waiting for me to step into - but only he knows what that is at this stage.  My role is to be obedient and free up my time, energy and enthusiasm (and whatever skills and talents he's generously given me!)
3 - My circumstances have recently altered to enable me to 'pay my way' for the first few months before the coffers are bare (another answer to prayer)  
4 - I already have some key tasks to undertake as soon as I finish  - all part of the plan (which as I said, only he really knows at the moment which as many have confirmed is usually the way God works) 
5 - Jesus knows the financial commitments I have and those I will have and will look after me.  (He has always met my needs - it is usually our wants which keep us captive.)

There's lot's more I could add but once again time is running away but I will keep you posted on progress.

I've been listening to some talks by a Ken McGreavy who passed away at the end of 2010.   I never had the priviledge of hearing him in person but a friend of mine had leant me a couple of CD's to play in the car.  (I don't like listening just to music all the time when I'm driving).  I've had these for a few months and just not got round to playing them and she reminded me the other day so I found them, popped the first one in and duly listened.  Wow  - I'm on my third time of playing them as there is so much wisdom and experience this man is imparting I can't take it all in!

But I'm going to leave you with a quote from him (which I also tweeted this morning)

'God does not want us to be slaves of our history, but servants of our destiny' 

That resonated so strong with me and I know is relevant to so many people.  

My last day 'tied to the office' is 22 June 2012.  Yipppeeeeeeee!!!
So - watch this space!!

God bless as always
With love
Jules xx

PS - no pictures because that's another technical hitch at the moment - windows explorer keeps shutting down! ...need to acost a teenager to sort my PC out. 

     

No comments: