Tuesday 24 June 2008

Friends and Flowers

I've just been reading my last blog entry and realised it sounds a bit cheesy. It wasn't intentional, just meant to be an honest reflection of where I am in my relationship with God the father. Like a lot of people I've had a rather on/off relationship with God over the years but I know I'm more contented now than I've ever been. Now, that's got nothing to do with my personal cirumstances as I'm divorced, skint, live on my own and currently unemployed! But I have found a new level of faith that as given me a completely fresh outlook on life, a desire to help and encourage others and a contentment I've never known before. And I found out this week people who have a faith on average live 7 years longer than those who don't - bonus!


Another thing I have is fantastic friends. One of the things about living on your own is you miss those little treats someone gives you. The cup of tea in bed, doing the washing up, the foot massage while watching the tele (That's one of things I missed most when my husband left!). When I stayed at a friends house one night, the next morning, even though she was rushing around getting ready to go to work, she took the time to prepare this breakfast tray for me. I was so touched I took a picture!
Above are some lovely flowers another friend bought me this week. I'm very fortunate and have a lot of amazing friends which I thank God for.











No comments: