Thursday 21 April 2011

Early morning

I've been woken the last two mornings by the dawn chorus which starts around 5am!  For those of you who have read some of my previous blogs you'll know I live on the the top floor of an old shoe factory.  I consciously don't have any curtains at any of my windows because I love natural light and with 3 huge Georgian sash windows in my bedroom and lounge I can't bear to shut out any hint of sunlight we might get, especially after a few grey, dull English winter days.


So as you can imagine with the onset of spring the birds are making the most of the early sunrise.  I'd forgotten how much noise they can make!  I'm sleeping with the window open now with the warmer nights ( and yep - still getting the hot flushes!) but there's something very special about laying awake that early, just listening to all the different beautiful bird calls and watching the sky slowly turn from deep inky blue through to a bright clean fresh almost blue/white in places as the world outside my window comes to life once again.  I listen for the first car or lorry - wondering where it's going, who's driving, are they going to work, or are they off on an adventure?  Will they have a good day, or is there something on the horizon they're dreading or don't even know is awaiting them?  It's a very precious, 'time all to myself' hour or so before I usually drift back into sleep before the alarm rudely awakens me again around 6.30am for work.


But not today! (work I mean).  Have been having a great time sorting out this blog, my twitter account and adding links etc (check out the side panel for twitter link). You can also email me clicking on my profile which would be great.  Please feel free to leave comments on this blog - I'm always interested in other peoples thoughts.


I'm off to see my family this morning then back to the Art exhibition later.  It's a real privilege to be involved in this amazing project and to meet the people coming to see the pictures and how they engage and react to them. 


Must get on otherwise won't get to my daughter's on time - but hey, whats new!!


My prayer for you is to have a great, uplifting, love filled, inspirational day wherever you are, whatever you're doing and whoever you are with.


God bless, as always
Jules xx

No comments: