Friday 22 April 2011

Easter

The sun is shining and it is a glorious day. I really must get out and enjoy this lovely weather but I’ve been ‘hooked’ by the IT bug this week.  I’ve recently managed to download the software so I can upload the photos from my phone.  Now I know to some people this sort of this is second nature but I have to learn by trial and error (more error than anything really) but eventually I usually get there. Having downloaded all my photos I’ve started to sort them into folders this morning, adding tags, dates and other bits of info.  I also discovered in Windows Gallery even though you’ve saved copies under ‘Pictures’ in different folders it’s not a good idea then to delete them out of the bit at the top where they’re stored in date order because they all magically disappear out of the folders you’ve just spent 2 hours lovingly creating!  Fortunately one of the first things I learnt to use was the ‘Restore’ function from the recycle bin........  J 

This is a fairly short post this morning because I am going to get myself out in this lovely sunshine.  But I wanted to take a few moments to remind everyone this is Easter Friday, or Good Friday to some. 
This long weekend off for many is just that, a time to unwind, meet up with friends, maybe to start getting down to some serious DIY or gardening. And that’s great, nothing wrong with that, lovely to spend time with those we love and I’ll certainly being that.  But for a huge number of people, including me, it’s the most important date in the Christian calendar.  This is the time of year when we especially celebrate the events at the heart of our faith.  The culmination of a time over 2000 years ago when a man named Jesus, after 33 years on this earth, fulfilled his divine mission.

Put very simply he obeyed his Father even though he knew it was going to be excruciatingly painful, he was going to be jeered at, spat upon, flogged and finally laid on a rough hewn piece of wood and massive 6” nails were going to be rammed home through his hands and feet.  Then he was going to be hoisted up and left to die.  That’s the events which are remembered today by thousands of Christians around the world.

And sadly totally ignored or dismissed by many more.

The most amazing thing is He went through all of that because of love.  Love for his father, love for all those around him and love for all those yet to be born; which is why those events over 2000 years ago are so completely relevant today because ‘those yet to be born’ is you and me.
If you’re thinking anything right now – why did he do it? did it really happen? what’s this got to do with me? I’m not really interested, or even ‘here she goes again’.........anything, any thoughts.
Then I urge you - explore them.  Grab a bible and read any of the gospels towards the end, ask a friend, google crucifixion – do something.

But don’t be one of the crowd who just ignores Him.         

Let him show you that this isn’t the end of the story, the chain of events - as they say in the movies ‘the most exciting bit comes next...................’
And if you’re anywhere near Bromham Baptist Church this Easter, or even if you’re not, come and gaze at his face.  Let Him give you the answers to your questions, let Him reveal himself to you through the pictures on display.......... (see earlier posts)


I’m off to enjoy the sunshine now.  Wherever you are and whatever you are doing have a wonderful, love filled break this Easter holiday.

Blessings
Jules xxx

No comments: